Saturday, March 5, 2011

View from the Road....

When I was younger, I was introduced to the term "Twenty footer." It was basically that someone (in my case a female) was attactive from about twenty feet away. Now I know that is a very superficial thing to say, but it was funny. At least to us....

Of course the larger the distance listed the less attractive a person was (on the outside). But let's be honest, when we look at someone's life, the further we are away the "better" it looks. We aren't close enough to see the obvious blemishes.

Sometimes it is nice to keep the distance, you know, keep that vision of beauty that is in your head. The closer we are to people the more "real" they become. Their shortcomings and blemishes become more obvious.

I am not perfect and I am sure that people might think of me as a "twenty footer." They may even look at my life in the same light...

Consider this: What about the beauty you miss because of the distance? Think about the assumptions that you make from further away. Things arent always what they seem, for good or bad. Sometime, more often than not, we really miss out when we do not get closer to people. There is value added by the closeness...

I guess it is up to you... Are you satisfied with curb appeal? Or do you want to take a closer look, risk seeing some blemishes and take a chance to see some real beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment