Monday, March 14, 2011

last monday...

was obviously an annoying day.

About an hour or so after my post things got better. Which is good. I survived...

In other news:
People's sense of entitlement drives me nuts. I am a big nerd and have a few Nerf guns. And I was playing with neighborhood kids, with the Nerf guns, and I provided most of the guns and all of the darts. I dont mind doing that, its fun to be able have fun and spread the love. Come on, its better than the guns sitting in my closet.

But the kids that drove me the craziest were the ones that felt like they deserved whatever, in this case, gun, they wanted. The kids that made me happiest were those who were just happy to hang out and play. At one point we had 13 people playing... and I may be really nerdy but I dont have that many guns. So we used balled up socks just to give everyone a chance.

Back to the annoying ones. They were the first to grab at the weapons and the first to literally drop them. (when you were tagged you put the gun down, in case some sock wielding teammate had the chance to use it) its just amazing. But that is how some people are. They show up late and call "shotgun." (showing up late is selfish enough) They have to listen to the music they want to listen... when you are driving your car. You know the type, but it starts when they are younger... I hope my kids aren't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment