Monday, July 27, 2009

sorry...

First off, I would like to apologioze for writing such whining blogs. I am sure that some of it has to do with being on my man cycle, but since when has the time of the month made it ok to be crabby and whiny?
But thank you to all 3 of you who read this anyways!

I have been reading a lot lately. I wouldnt consider myself a big reader. But as I list books I have read people like to disagree. BUT... I read in spurts. I wont read for a long time, then I will read a bunch. Right now I am in the "lots of reading" season.
Currently I am in the middle of a book called "making room for leadership." It has some great stuff in it. It is looking at the physical use of our bodies in relation to leadership (weird huh?). It is talking about the use and misuse of power and influence. But it has been a little bit of an eye opener. But I have to admit that in the frustrated mood I have been in the books, while full of great stuff have not had the impact I would desire. Because of the slant of my mind, I havent picked up the stuff I need to improve on nearly as much as using it to point out the short comings of others. F+... I fail.

Ok that isnt quite fair, I have definitely been challenged by a lot of what I have been reading, it just takes extra effort to self analyze and do some introspection with it.

In other news, I had a professor from college tell me I should write a book. In facty he has been witing several years for a book I said I was going to write. I dont know that I ever really thought that I was going to write it. I just thought it was a clever title and a clever concept... well, ok, maybe not a "clever" concept.

In the most recent discusion with said prof, I madea negative comment about my writing. Being he was my English professor he probably didnt care for that. But He also didnt want me to sell my talents short. He insisted that I probably have several books to write. idk, thats kind of weird, I never really thought of myself as an author.

When discussing it at my inlaws, my mother in law gave me some grief when I said people wouldnt buy my books. This woman is a huge support and encourager. The humorous part is sometimes her words dont quite have the clarity that the hearer needs. (the really funny part is when she says, "you know what I mean." Well, actually, I don't...) But as I think back to what she was trying to say, I think I get it.

Well, that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment