Thursday, July 16, 2009

gripped by ... fear, maybe?

I dont know if fear is quite the right word. But I am at a crossroads, (is that supposed to be singular or plural?) as my last blog plainly stated I need a new job. In this economy you dont quit a decent paying job, because there are plenty of qualified people who cant find work.

There is someone who wants me to come work with them. As of right now they dont have the money, but they are working on it. I just received another email asking me to consider it. I think they have a great game plan, I like the leadership style.

The job would require a GREAT deal of change. Location, being the biggest thing. We are currently close to family, but this would take us from near family to anything except near family. Which also means selling our house... I dont pay much attention to "the market" housing, stock or otherwise, but I still know things arent great. but we have had two days in a row with the stock market up.

I really kind of feel like my current Job isnt going to get me anywhere. not in a completely selfish way (like i worded it) but there is no game plan to progress, and if there is it isnt being communicated from the top down. I am not sure that it is going to get anyone anywhere, which is a big problem. I do have more job security here... at least for the time being. then again how many people who have lost their jobs in the last year have thought that?

My kids have said they dont want to move again. I feel that. I dont like moving. In my profession there are too many who move to often. I dont want to be that guy. I beleive in loyalty, sticktuitiveness and other things that really mean that I am too lazy to move on.

the guy who invited me to come and at least check out what is taking place told me this: "Don't run FROM something, run TO something."

I have been pondering that thought, i think i understand the concept... who knows. I think there is often a little of either side involved in both sides. Really I think it means dont take a job JUST to get away from another job. being the emotional little girl that I am... I could probably talk myself into nearly any job There has to be more than emotions involved in the decision...

3 comments:

  1. So what's wrong with being an emotional little girl? Hmmm? Emotions play a part, but logic usually wins out for me. Not saying its right or wrong, but that's how it goes. Have you discussed this other places than here? Say... at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there has been some discussion at home... but here is for my personal clearing of the mind.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete