Here is the scoop. I work in a semi-public profession where it seems as though all eyes are on me. I was never very good a politics, even though I have had plenty of moments of awe inspiring Brown Nosing. I would like to say that I have been on the fringe of life, but really I am not that hard core. I am further to the left for many but somehow further to the right than it might appear. (my physical appearance often seems a bit less conservative, but I find my self on the right side of plenty of debates...)
I keep rabbit trailing, I apologize. Ok hold off on my apology until after this: I am not really interested in politics, I just dont care. Just so you know...
I know that I said that I created this blog just to comment about a parking spot, that isnt true. I wanted a place where I could express some of my feelings honestly without worry of those I work for or with getting bent out of shape.
I am way more emotional... reactionary than I prefer to be. I wear my feelings on my sleeve far too often. If people ask me how I am, and they actually care, they will find out. Whether I use words or my body language spells it out, they will get the message. I get rather short with people and on those days I have an extremely hard time putting on a smile and doing my part to seem ok.
Of course I am not so self centered that I dont think most people have those days. But those of you who work in the public arena or especially in a public relations type role, understand what those days can be like.
Some times on those days I question my vocation... Am I really in the right field? Is working with people really what I am supposed to be doing?
And we live in such an emotion based world... do it if it feels right, we're so in love, we fell out of love, what does you gut tell you?
Sure some people have really good instincts, but not everything can be decided based on a feeling, being "at peace" with something.
I dont know... Now I am rambling.
Honesty and transparency = good
TOO MUCH honesty and transparency= Bad
??????
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm agreeing with you here. I am totally split 50/50 between my gut and emotions and the numbers and technical side of me ruling my world. It's all about balance. Truths can be scaled back to "How are you doing?" "I'm having a bit of a rough day and I'm having a hard time dealing with an issue. Thank you for asking and I'm sorry but I really don't feel I should share anymore." Beyond that you are free and clear of any extra explanation. At least that's how I see it.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard being in the public eye. It's hard dealing with people period. Whether or not it is your vocation. You are good at what you do but you are also allowed days that you question that.
I think the name of the game is balance.
B