man... I just dont get it.
I dont get it. I know I said that already but that means it is still true and will likely be the case at the end of this blog.
After two months of planning an event for work, that will take all of a sunday afternoon... I mean it will last until well after dark. That is easily a 10 hours gig... and probably the largest "extracurricular" event for my place of employment. Thats not a big deal... my choice, I booked the event and have been working diligently on it.
Just moments ago, i check my email and my boss sends and email that basically says I have to attend some business meeting/luncheon that day at noon! what? Are you joking me?
It is something that could have been planned on any given day. Any given sunday even, but no, pick THE ONE DAY that we (mostly me) have something planned.
Its not like a business luncheon with out of town guests working on some kind of tight schedule... It is a rather flippant meeting that could as easily be held a week later.
A huge thing my boss doesnt get, besides communication, is planning. He thinks an event just happens by him showing up. I suppose he has employees that take care of the stuff for him so in general it's true. But I am the employee and when I have an event I have to make sure everything is taken car of... and there is a definite quality difference between the two of us. His ideas of acceptable and mine are very different. I do admit, there are times that I wonder how he has been around this long...
I know that I am the employee and he is the boss. It is hard at times, for sure. The days when I find out about double duty on a day that has been booked for months, those days are among the hardest.
Communication goes a long way... so does a glance at the calendar.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment