My father, is well... not much more than a sperm donor. Sure, he was around occasionally when I was small. At the time I was afraid of him, so I am told, because I was too little to remember. He has had his stints in and out of jail... Failure to pay child support, stupid stuff like that.
He is currently in prison. I saw him about 5 years ago. that was strange. He usually sends the appropriate holiday cards, other than that I dont communicate with him. But that is my dad.
Recently, my dad's other son found me on facebook. he sent a add request but no note.
I added him. I mean, he is my brother, I should add him. It doesnt matter that i havent spoken with him since I was in college, more than ten or twelve years ago. We had written back and forth, because email was newish. But after he was hospitalized, i lost touch with him. Rumor has it he spent some time in prison as well.
He sees i will be in my hometown, so he asks to connect. I awkwardly agreed. How I agreed was not awkward, but the feeling i had was.
Tonight he called. He asked if I wanted to get together. I said yes. It was a short phone call. But we texted back and forth, as he tried to get to my mom's house.
He arrived with the smell of alcohol on his breath. I knew he had some jail house tats from his FB pics, so those were not a surprise. He mentioned his "girl" he showed up with his whole family. 3 girls and his girl. We took some pics of the cousins and then of he and i. the conversation was pretty shallow. What do you talk about with the brother you havent seen in 12 years? I didnt know either. that should read: "I still dont know."
yeah.... That was my evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment